- (Based Upon Electrical Articles)
With passing time electronic wastes has become one of the major constituents of the municipal solid waste.
: Either talk about the facts or talk about the stats related to the
electronicwaste, “COMPUTERS” will grab your sight as they’ll be at the crest. There are several reasons that we come across that why people discarded them. It is such a complex system that the number of mouths that opened have a different reason of discarding them. It can be the newer technologies hitting the market, or it may be because some viruses or spy wares have ruined them, if not these then the other reason would be for sure that, its too slow in functioning, so why not seek for a better one.
: The T.V. sets are the others that are amongst the toppers in the lists just beneath the computers. One thing that is common in both these e-wastes is the toxins and carcinogens. In the survey we conducted in our locality most of the people came up with two reasoning and T.V sets were either not working properly or they wanted a bigger one.
: The cell phones are more of a need nowadays than a trend. But on the other side it is that no one is interested in older models and wants to have the most recent one in their hands.
Some more e-wastes
: We have used computer as a whole system, but it has got several
parts say, Keyboards or Mouse or even Cathode tubes which are the units that are often discarded individually. Simpler and smaller parts of complex electronic articles like air conditioners, coolers and even numerous fluorescent tubes. It can even be things like the DVD player, the speakers, and the list goes on and on because if we talk about the e-wastes we talk about all those discarded wastes that run on electricity or batteries.
- (Based on their reasons of being a waste)
- Those electrical articles which are working but are turned into a waste because of
the fact that newer technologies have invaded the market and more and more people find themselves inclined to these newer technologies and because of their affinity to this newer technologies they discard their existing articles.
- E wastes that are actually wastes. By this we mean those articles that do not posses any function anymore that is the true wastes. The total amount of e waste should be equivalent to the waste generated under type 2 but the growing concern is because of the type 1 wastes which are growing in volume.
- Often it’s seen that not a whole electrical article is a waste but a still a certain part of it is not functioning for ex. In a television just the cathode rays are not working but the remaining parts are working. But many people chose the other way and replace the whole article. So the whole article becomes a waste and is discarded.
It's energy efficient to rebuild old computers, but only about 2% of PCs ever find their way to a second user.
Fewer than 20% of cell phones are recycled each year, but if we recycle just a million cell phones, it would reduce greenhouse gas emissions equal to taking 1,368 cars off the road for a year.
Flat panel computer monitors and notebooks often contain small amounts of mercury in the bulbs used to light them.